Mar 18, 2013

Zombies... Again?!

Posted by Unknown


ZOMBIES.... AGAIN?!

Yes, I know... I don’t like zombies.  So why am I writing about the subject for a second time?  It seems that zombies are on the minds of readers, and not just me. For instance, you have probably heard that there is a new movie coming out called World War Z.  

 
Yes, it is a full-blown zombie movie with all the things you would expect from the genre. No, I won’t be seeing it. 

 But… I did read the book.
 
Shocking, I know.  But, what makes this book different is the way it was written.  It was all done as a journalistic report full of different interviews from people from around the world over a twenty year span.  It didn’t dwell on blood and guts, or ‘dead’ people walking around like the movie does.  In fact, the book is nothing like the movie.

You may be asking yourself, how can a book full of interviews be interesting? I don’t know how the author, Max Brooks, did it, but it works.  You have to read it for yourself.  It will surprise you.

I did find something (besides the whole zombie dead thing) disturbing in the book…

I always thought zombies were fiction until it was brought to my attention that the United States Armed Forces has undergone specific zombie apocalypse training.  Now I'm not so sure.... 

Maybe Max Brooks knows something we don't.  Maybe we should be listening.  Read the book, and you’ll know what I mean.


On a lighter note:
Warm Bodies is out in theaters, a comedic love story about a zombie boy and a human girl. 




 
Will I go see it?





Maybe...

0 comments:


/*Wrap text around image ----------------------------------------------- */ .left { float: left; margin: 6px; } .right { float: right; margin: 6px; }